Navigation Bar

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Renaissance Faire 2016


Another Renaissance Faire visit under the belt! This year, we invited one of our son's friends, and the boys had a great time running around the Festival together. I dressed as a pirate lady this year, with a minor adjustment to my hat (reblocking the crown to make it flatter). Everything I wore this year was cobbled together from items I already had, with the exception of a pair of skirt hikes my husband made for me (Thanks, Hubby!).

This year, we witnessed a demo of archery by Whipperwil Archery, and also the use of siege weapons! I wish my video of the trebuchet had come out better. It was impressive and creepy, all at the same time, watching that machine lob a ball the length of the jousting field and then seeing that ball land with a bone-shaking thud. As for the archery demo, bowyer Bill Darr is very, very good at what he does. I learned a little and was extremely impressed with his skill!

For more photos of my trips to the Renn, past and present, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment