Navigation Bar

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

In Praise of Iced Coffee


Nobody loves sweating to death, least of all, me.  I love my coffee, as most of my readers well know - but when the weather warms up, I can't stand the thought of hot coffee.  So, I'd like to thank whichever enterprising soul decided it was a good idea to throw this caffeinated nectar of the gods over ice.  Yay, you.

We recently bought a new coffee maker, and I've been refrigerating the rest of what's in the pot after hubby's cuppa as my iced coffee.  Then I heard there's a better way, so I went looking on the Internet (yay, Internet) for a cold-brewed iced coffee recipe for myself.  Pretty simple.  Toss it in a container, refrigerate and wait, then strain into a new container.  You can pour yourself a cup and add whatever you like to flavor it.  Even I can do this!  If you love iced coffee, but not the way your coffee shop bill adds up over a week, give this a try.

All I can say is, yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment