Navigation Bar

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Time Out!


I often forget, as I'm going at light speed on five different things, that a body needs to rest as much as it needs to work.  With the change to warmer weather coming (although it's still on the fence about that), I have been planning what I want to do, inside and out of the house.  I'm working on the downslope of the first draft in FIRE, Book Four in The Elemental Series, and looking ahead to my next writing project(s).  All that planning sometimes makes me forget to appreciate now.

Sometimes, it's a simple matter of getting off the computer and looking at the world around me.  Sometimes, I go out for a nice dinner with my family.  Sometimes, it's just a good laugh with a friend.  And you never really know how nice the quiet is until you have a few minutes apart from the day's hustle and bustle.  Even a few minutes to recharge each day does wonders for the soul, and studies have proven that we benefit from unplugging ourselves now and then.

So, my advice for the day is, unplug yourself - just for a little bit - and enjoy the simple act of being.   No demands, no noise, just you and the world around you.  You'll be surprised by how good it feels.  I always am.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment