Navigation Bar

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Please Welcome Author Christy Effinger!



Please join me in welcoming author Christy Effinger today. Christy is the author of the new paranormal romance, SAY NOTHING OF WHAT YOU SEE.


1) How did you get started writing?


I began writing stories as a child. My love of books led me to study English in college, and after grad school I taught for several years at a community college. All the while, my dream was to be an author. I wrote my first published novel, Say Nothing of What You See, at night while my husband was taking MBA classes.


2) What interests or excites you most about your genre(s)?


Say Nothing is a paranormal new adult novel, and it’s the “new adult” part that interests me most. I wrote the book in my twenties, so it seemed natural to focus on a young protagonist who was struggling to find herself against a backdrop of darkness and deception.


3) Who or what is your favorite inspiration when writing?


Music is one of my biggest inspirations. When I wrote Say Nothing, I often listened to chill-out electronic music while I worked. Some of my favorite artists are Moby, The xx, and Little People.


4) Tell me about your latest book or work in progress.


When her aunt steps off a grain elevator into the emptiness of a prairie evening, Mira Piper loses her one protector. Chloe, her flighty mother, impulsively drags her daughter to Bramblewood, an isolated spiritualist retreat in northern Michigan, run by the enigmatic Dr. Virgil Simon.



Chloe plans to train as a medium but it's Mira who discovers she can communicate with the dead. When her mother abandons her, Mira discovers a darker aspect to Bramblewood: the seemingly kind doctor has a sinister side and a strange control over his students.



Then one winter's day Troy Farrington arrives, to fulfill his mother's dying wish and deliver her letter to the doctor. But calamity strikes and he finds himself a captive, tended by a sympathetic Mira. Haunted by her dead aunt and desperate to escape Bramblewood, Mira makes a devil's deal with Dr. Simon. But fulfillment comes with a steep cost...betrayal.




5) Please share with us the first paragraph of your latest work.


This is from Say Nothing of What You See:
  
I remember the way she fell.

I remember, too, the moment just before it happened, when I came home from my summer job at the snow cone stand and found the house empty.



Buy Links:




The Wild Rose Press:




Amazon:




BN.com






Author Links:


















Thank you so much for sharing your work with us today, Christy!

To learn more about Christy or her work, follow the links above. SAY NOTHING OF WHAT YOU SEE is available now at your favorite bookseller.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting me on your blog, Nicki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Christy, and I wish you success with your new book! :)

    ReplyDelete