Navigation Bar

Sunday, November 02, 2014

Book Signing at Liverpool Public Library 11/1/14



What a month it's been already!

I started off November at a book signing featuring authors local to Central New York. The Liverpool Public Library hosted a Local Author Meet & Greet featuring local authors in all genres, from romance to children's books and everything in between.

I had the pleasure of seeing an old friend, Heidy Ramos, who was promoting her new book, ISLAND OF DREAMS, the story of her trials and triumphs, growing up on an island in the Philippines.



I met a very personable and enthusiastic children's book author, Daniel Middleton, whose newest book, NAOMI REDFLOWER, will be released in April 2015. Daniel and I had a wonderful chat on the art of writing and publishing children's books. The story focuses on the central character's journey through the seasons, and features a love of nature that was right up my alley.

I also met Casey Rose Frank, and we talked about flash fiction, which sounds like a great new challenge. I gotta try that! Just on first impressions, I can tell Casey is a gutsy woman, and I liked her right off the bat. We had a great talk, and I think she's convinced me to try my hand at shorter works.

Most authors are introverted, but I don't think I've ever had so much fun at a book signing. The energy in the room jazzed me up for my own work, and I can't wait to do another one. Happy Autumn, everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment