Navigation Bar

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Earth Day!

Earth Day is, of course, one of my very favorite holidays.  Today, we celebrate everything that makes our little blue planet so awesome.  I celebrated a day in advance by clearing out my raised-bed garden last night for planting, then set my seedlings in it with their teepee greenhouse to protect them from the last of the chilly nights.  I'm hoping they make it, but gardening is three parts experience, and one part experimentation.  We'll see!

Have a terrific Earth Day, everyone, and please keep the health of your planet in mind today, especially.  There are lots of neighborhood and community programs to celebrate the Earth.  Try joining one, and make some new friends.  Or, if you're like me, and need a coffee jumpstart, choose a paper cup over Styrofoam.  I probably say that every year, but it matters, and so does every step you take toward caring for your environment.

Happy Earth Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment