Navigation Bar

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Bitten!

OK, I may write paranormal, and I may love Buffy and Angel (it's the writing - Joss Whedon is my hero for adding conflict to a storyline) ... but honest, I'm not a vampire girl. Or I wasn't.

Then I met Edward.

Ha. Stephenie Meyer's Twilight saga is so darn good, I'm staying up way past my bedtime (like 1:00 AM, and I have to get up at 5:00) to read. It takes Edward, like, 43 pages to even say hello to the girl in the first book. And the minute he opened his mouth, I went "Eeek! I love him!" How's that for building up your romantic tension?!? I have to be honest and say there's more "telling," adverb use, rolling eyes, looks, and repeated phrases than I think we could get away with in the adult romance genre - but obviously Stephenie knows what she's doing, since all four books have topped the bestseller list. Topped, like, Number One.

That's gotta be Edward's fault. Really, pick up the first book (aptly titled Twilight) and you'll see what I mean. This series is awesome, and it's been nice to want to devour a book whole again. I haven't been this giddy since reading Harry Potter. So a big thank you to Stephenie Meyer for that. And a not-subtle hint for any of you who are even remotely fans of paranormal and YA to read this series. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment