Navigation Bar

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Art Imitates Art

I don't know about you, but I'm excited about the upcoming "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull." I remember seeing the original Indy releases in the theaters as a child, and getting wowed by all the adventure and excitement. (Plus, hey, Harrison Ford. Even as a kid I crushed on him. And I still do. The man has the stuff, lemme tell ya. *sigh*)

Here's the funny thing. In a way, I think Indy inspired me to write what would become "Gemini" and its sequel, "Flashpoint." I wanted to be an archaeologist, and part of me still does. I knew that the real archaeologist wasn't the whip-cracking, tomb-raiding, explosion-dodging wonder Indy is, but I wanted to explore ancient worlds and learn what they knew. I guess writing is the next best thing. We writers are armchair travelers/academics. I can go to all those cool places, and I don't even have to get all those nasty shots.

But I would love the fedora and leather jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment