Navigation Bar

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Life Imitates Art

I'm hard at work on my latest book in the Gifted series, where the main character is a vegan. I am firmly omnivorous, so I don't know that much about the vegan lifestyle. Therefore, I did what any good writer does: research.

I bought a couple of things from the supermarket's organic aisle. Then a couple more. Started eating better and cutting out the fast food. Drinking more water. Still omnivorous, just ... less so (Let's face it, it's just research!). Figured out what rice milk tastes like (not bad). And guess what?

My cholesterol's down about 30 points. I'm losing weight. Feeling better. More energetic. Hey, who knew? These health-conscious eaters are on to something. :)

So, while I am still an omnivore, I am paying better attention to what I eat (and nudging the family to do so also). Go figure, my writing is good for my soul and body. Gotta love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment