Navigation Bar

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sad But True

I had a dream last night that I was asking for input on a new story idea. It's actually one that in waking life, I had been toying with, but it's not my usual subgenre, so I back-burnered it. I explained the basic premise to these people, and in the dream I was getting excited about it. Then I asked, "What do you think?"

What I got was, "Nah, I don't think I'd write that one." Gah. How sad is it when the people in your dream tell you they don't like your idea? I'm sure dream psychologists would have a lot to say about that.

The good news is, there was a kernel of an idea that I came up with in the dream, that I can use for conflict in another story. Weird how sometimes your dreams can provide book fodder like that. And also nice, because my subconscious did some work instead of me having to come up with it while I'm awake. Yay, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment