Navigation Bar

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

The Writing Life



Feeling grateful today.

It occurs to me now and then how much richer my life has become since I started writing seriously. I have met amazing people, been to spectacular places, and learned some awesome things. Many writers say they write because (in varying terms) they are trying to better understand themselves and the world around them. I have learned that I can be strong, even if I never have to be. I can be stubborn (and usually am). I can show people a beautiful world where people heal each other instead of hurt. Most of all, I have found my tribe, an ever-growing, some close and some far, quirky, serious, shy, boisterous, always fascinating group of kindred spirits who live by the written word because that's where their hearts are.

I want to thank each of you who has come into my life because of this crazy writing life, whether you are like me, chasing the dream, or you read voraciously and happened to pick up one of my books. My writing family is amazing. Stick with me, because the best is, as always, yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment