Navigation Bar

Monday, March 24, 2014

Tag, I'm It!


Today, I am participating in a "Blog Tag," which is a great way for authors to spread the buzz about their work.  Blog Tag works like this: I answer some questions about myself and my work, and then pass on the good karma by introducing my readers to authors I know in a following post.  Here goes:

What am I working on?

Currently, I am working on AIR, Book Three in the Elemental Series, about the youngest of Hope Creek's foster family, Elsa Pemberley.  Here's a little teaser:

Elsa Pemberley has left Montana to pursue her own life in the Midwest.  Along the way, she meets a man with a mysterious past and an uncertain future.  Can she change this man's fate, and will she learn that in the process, she might just change her own?

How does my work differ from others of its genre?

I write stories that walk the line between contemporary, paranormal, and action-adventure.  I love blending genres, and sprinkling my love of the environment liberally into the mix.

Why do I write what I do?

I write the type of stories I'd like to read, about engaging people on adventures in places I'd love to see.  An "armchair traveler" at heart, I write about places as varied as Shetland, Australia, Montana, and Nantucket, with much more to come.

How does your writing process work?

As of 2014, I have dedicated myself to writing one page minimum per day in each work I am currently writing.  So far, I find that this "resolution" is helping me to write more than I ever have.  If I write more than one page, so much the better - and I find that now, the word count is incidental to my characterization.  In short, I am teaching myself a new (and good) habit!

Passing It On

And now it is my turn to tag some people.  I have chosen great authors.  I'm dying to see their answers.  Check them out in next Monday's post to find out their secrets to success!

No comments:

Post a Comment