Navigation Bar

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

In Support of Boston

As many of you already know, yesterday there were explosions at the Boston Marathon, killing three and injuring many others.  It was a senseless, cruel act, and I am stunned.  While I don't like to post about such negative occurrences, as I'm sure no one does, I feel something must be said today in support of those affected.  I'm outraged, and I want justice for what happened, and I feel helpless to do anything.

But I'm not.  And you aren't, either.

The best thing we can do is pull together, stay calm, and get back to as normal a routine as possible so that the authorities can do their jobs quickly and efficiently.  In this day and age, with so many people connected to the Internet, and camera phones, and other devices that provide instant information, the cowardly criminals who did this are bound to be caught.  They're only going to win if we let this break us.

For my part, I went home, turned off the television, and played a board game with my family.  I remember, from 9/11, what watching all of that video over and over was like.  Today, I decided that any income I receive for the next quarter for my writing will be donated, 100%, to the Red Cross to aid them in support of the Boston tragedy.

We're in this together, folks.  If everyone does a little, we can accomplish a lot.  As horrible as yesterday's events were, I am still amazed, grateful, and so very glad to see that there are those still who believe that we are all a part of the human race.  So many people were there on the scene, right away, to offer assistance, comfort, support, and protection, and it didn't matter if the person was a friend or a complete stranger.  As capable as people are of great cruelty, we are also capable of great heroism.  Saying a prayer for all of you today.  Take care.

~ Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment