Navigation Bar

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Tree 2012 - The Narnia Tree

I am a rather rabid fan of all things Narnia. This year, that was the theme for our Christmas tree, and all the ornaments on it have some relation to the seven books C.S. Lewis wrote in the "Chronicles of Narnia" series. Some of the ornaments were promotional toys released by McDonald's when the 2005 film "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" came out. Others, I found at a craft store that sold the Safari, Ltd. collection of toys. Among them, I found a minotaur, a griffin, a phoenix, and some kings and queens that would stand in for Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy from the books. I also came across a dragon released by Schleich, and I had a unicorn and a white stag already among my Christmas ornaments. I also purchased the Lenox set that came out when LWW was released, as well as an adorable Hallmark ornament of Lucy stepping into the wardrobe. Interspersed with these are some foliage and decorations representing all four seasons, which we see in LWW, and a set of silver bells (In one of the books, a child rings a forbidden bell, which starts the trouble with the White Witch in the first place.). I'm quite sure I could expand what's on the tree, and that may be a project for later years! I know I'm missing some good ornament possibilities....

The top of the tree is the best part: a gutted outdoor lamppost, which the hubby and I re-wired with an electric flicker flame bulb. The lantern sets right on top of the tree, with a switch to turn it on. This is the most fun I've had yet with a Christmas tree.

I'm sure that if I had an enormous house, I would be one of those people who couldn't resist putting a tree in every room, each with its own theme. It's just such fun! Hope you had a Merry Christmas if you celebrated, and if not, I hope that you at least enjoy looking at the tree. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment