Navigation Bar

Monday, November 05, 2012

Let The Holidays Begin!

It's November! This month, we kick off the holiday season, and it's my favorite time of year. All that cold and snowy weather outside can't compete with the warmth of friends and family around me during the festive season. This year, I have a lot to be thankful for, from a new book contract, to a new baby in the family, to a warm and cozy place to spend the holidays.

As much as I have, I try not to forget that there are many folks out there without such wonderful things. My thoughts and prayers especially go out to those still lacking power and housing in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. If you can, join the relief effort by donating to the Red Cross, either by sending a few dollars, or giving blood at your local Red Cross location. Both are desperately needed.

Be safe this Thanksgiving, and spread the warmth. (Oh, yes, and don't forget to vote tomorrow!) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment