Navigation Bar

Sunday, February 28, 2010

How Not To Spend Your Saturday (or, I Doubt A Cemetery Ever Heard The Word 'Woo-Hoo' Before)

So yesterday my mother and I were driving through the city, and we came upon the cemetery where my grandparents are buried. I mentioned that I'd like to visit, since I really haven't in some time, so we took a little detour into the cemetery to find their headstone. In the snow, it was hard to remember where they were, so we got turned around on those narrow paths.

And promptly got the car stuck in a snowbank. Niiiiice. Why again did I have the bright idea to go there when we have two feet of snow on the ground and slush on the roads? Brilliant, Nic.

Anyway, I got out and started pushing. I managed to rock the car out of the snowbank onto the road again. Then a Plow Guy In Shining Armor came along to throw down some grit under the tires, to help us get enough traction to get off that road onto the right one. Then I yelled "Woo-hoo!" and promptly wondered if I would get struck down by lightning for shouting in a cemetery. *facepalm*

We did find my grandparents' headstone, and I cleared away the snow and said hello (and I swear I can hear my grandfather laughing and picture my grandmother shaking her head at us). Mayyyyyybe we'll try that again in the Spring, y'think? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment