Navigation Bar

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Slippery Slope of A Foodie

The day job was slow last week, so I got to leave early. Yay! I spent a lovely hour at Panera Bread eating the best panini sandwich ever, and followed it up with a pecan braid that was so good it ought to be a crime. Mmm.

I've been paying a lot more attention to food lately, because the heroine in my next book, WATER, is a chef. A few weeks ago, I stayed at a B-&-B that served olive tapenade (a minced-olive spread) on artisan bread for an appetizer. I like savory dishes, so this salty little offering was right up my alley. I have successfully learned to reproduce the tapenade, and made it for a Fourth of July family gathering. It went like hotcakes. I think my mother was one step from fanning herself with relief that I can, in fact, prepare some sort of food dish. There's hope for me yet, Mom.

But I still can't replicate her meatballs, no matter how hard I try. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment