Navigation Bar

Monday, March 12, 2007

Movie Review - "300"

The DH and I went on a date over the weekend, sans baby, which was refreshing. We did lunch and a movie. Lunch was bland. The movie was stunning.

We saw "300." I know, you're thinking, "What the heck kind of date movie is that?" Well, if you knew us, you'd completely understand. Our official date movie was "Lethal Weapon," back when we first started going out. Then we broke up, went out, broke up, went out, and broke up. Our reunion movie was "Gladiator." Sensing a theme here? We're action-movie junkies.

So...on to the official review. I won't lie. The movie is incredibly gory, and it pulls no punches to make war look pretty. It's gritty, bloody, and chilling. But it's just so beautifully shot that I can't help myself. I love it. It's unapologetic and just plain gorgeous. (Didn't hurt that there were 300 sweaty, muscular men running around in very little clothing, but I digress.) So, if you can stomach the violence, I highly recommend this movie. BTW, it's based on a graphic novel by Frank Miller, which is also quite beautiful in spite of its bloodiness. Go forth and see this movie!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're back, NIcki. Congrats on the baby and on writing again. And date nights are always good.

    ReplyDelete