Navigation Bar

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Skaneateles - A Perfect Summer Getaway

I mentioned a couple of posts back that I stayed recently at a B&B. That was the Sherwood Inn in Skaneateles (pronounced "skinny-atlas," for you non-native folk). Talk about a summer getaway! Skaneateles is beautiful at any time of year, but the weekend I stayed there was simply amazing. Not too hot, no rain, and enough cloud cover to prevent me from burning to a crisp. How I love Skaneateles!

If you get the chance to come to upstate New York, you should check it out. It's a lovely historic town with some amazing food to be had, as well as boats galore for those of you who enjoy that. For the landlubbers, there are scads of quaint shops (including a chocolatier whose biscotti could make your eyes cross, they're so good).

I'll be living off this ultra-relaxing weekend for the rest of the summer. I'm already trying to work out the next time I'll be able to stay there. Siiiigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment