Navigation Bar

Saturday, June 02, 2012

THE SERPENT IN THE STONE, or, Here We Are Again At Warp Speed

It happens every time: as soon as I get a book contract, my life goes from Zero to Lunatic in point-three seconds. Everything speeds up tenfold, and I agonize over details I've ironed out six times already. The finished product is always a gorgeous book, thanks to my publisher and wonderful editor. But the Getting There gives me power-headaches. *grin*

THE SERPENT IN THE STONE, Book One of The Gifted Series, is under contract and undergoing the first steps toward publication. This is "THE Book" - the one that started this whole snowball rolling. Its first incarnation is some twenty-two years old and counting. A labor of mistake, love, and revision. A paranormal romance written before paranormal romance was cool (or heard of, for that matter).

I have many, many people to thank for this book - friends and family who helped shape and grow the concept over the years, with their feedback and support - and I could never name you all. Just know I'm eternally grateful that you pointed me in the direction of notebook and pen, and kept on asking, "Did you write more?"

Love you guys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment