Navigation Bar

Sunday, March 30, 2008

CNYRW Mini-Con Recap / News For Next Year

CNYRW's two-day mini-conference is over, but I am still jazzed up. Day one was a two-hour session on rhetorical devices, and I scribbled notes so fast I got a hand cramp. The hotel was terrific, recently remodeled with an indoor pool. I was up until midnight chatting with fellow authors. If I learned that much in two hours, I wondered whether my head might explode the next day in an all-day workshop!

Margie was terrific and she really knows her stuff. If you haven't taken her classes, online or otherwise, I highly recommend them. Check her website out too - Click Here! She's also a very nice lady who's generous with her time and talent. She drives you to dig deep into your characters' psyches and put the physical expressions of their mental workings on the page. I thought I was good, but after Margie's workshop I realized I have only been scratching the surface of what I can do. Now to carve out a few hours where I can really rake this manuscript and get down deep into my characters' heads. I came away inspired from this workshop, and I can't wait for next year!

Which brings me to my next point: Next year's Mini-Con! The speaker will be CJ Lyons, whose first novel LIFELINES scored a perfect ten with Romance Reviews Today and a Romantic Times top pick! Coming soon, you'll find all the details at the CNY Romance Writers website!

No comments:

Post a Comment