Navigation Bar

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Mom and I are big Harry Potter fans, so my kind, wonderful, considerate, also HP-fan DH watched the peanut while Mom and I had a night out and saw the movie.

Wow. This is the best one yet, folks, and I risk the wrath of Potter-book purists by saying it may even be better than the book! (Sorry, JKR, but "Phoenix" was my least favorite of the series.) It has managed to retain Harry's emotional upheaval of "Phoenix," the book, while trimming down to the essentials for movie format. Some things have been changed or omitted, of course (no time for Quidditch in a movie like this - yes, Weasley is our king, but he'll have to keep his crown offscreen).

But if you're anything like me, this movie will leave you stunned and speechless. It's got everything. Furthermore, the soundtrack is a beautiful mix of the first movies' wonder, and Goblet's unsettling darkness. Best one yet on that, too, I think.

In short, go see this movie. Twice. And maybe twice more. Buy popcorn to throw at Umbridge when she comes onscreen.

1 comment:

  1. Our family loves Harry Potter, too. Can't wait to see the latest.

    ReplyDelete