Navigation Bar

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Storms

I don't know when, but sometime during my childhood I stopped being afraid of storms, and started being in awe of them instead. Last night, we had a doozy. Lightning, thunder, high winds. Talk about fireworks!

The last time we had a storm like this, it was just after a scorching hot day, and the rain came down the gutter downspouts so hard that one of the downspouts fell off the front of the house from the force of the water! I was so hot and sweaty that I went outside in my shorts and tank top and stood under the open downspout and took an impromptu rain shower. That felt great after such a hot day.

I remember another storm where my mom was yelling at me to come inside, while I stood outside in the driveway staring up at the lightning because it was going straight across the sky from cloud to cloud instead of coming downward. That was pretty cool!

Yep. I'm nuts. But nothing beats Mother Nature's own light show. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment