Navigation Bar

Monday, August 14, 2006

Writing by Soundtrack

Some writers (and I am one of them) like to write to a "soundtrack." They compile a list of songs that closely relate to certain scenes in their novels and write exclusively to that homemade soundtrack until the book is finished. I go so far as to burn a CD and make a cover for it, as if it were a real movie soundtrack. (Did I mention I'm also a Photoshop junkie?) If you're anything like me, you play your soundtrack incessantly, and it drives your spouse or significant other bananas. :)

Music can be a great way to encourage the flow of your creative juices. Even if you aren't the type who can write while distracting music is playing, you might benefit from playing one of your favorite tunes before you hit the keyboard. Even if it doesn't help you dream up that stellar scene, it may help relax you and get you ready to tackle your manuscript. Give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. True.Mostly, I am in no mood of writing and I wonder when and how I should be able to get to my target.But then suddenly,this real favourite song plays on the radio and I realise I am all set to write!
    Music helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I do the same thing!!! Isnt' that wild?? How cool is that. nice blog spot too by the way.

    I just started blogging, too but haven't announced anything because I'm still working on it.

    And yes,I owe you a phone call. :D

    ReplyDelete