I've had some creative frustration lately, where writing is concerned, so I did what any self-respecting person with a creative penchant would do: I switched gears! My sewing experience is pretty limited: I can sew a straight-ish line, and I can read. So I read a couple of books, watched a video, and checked out some techniques on YouTube (Very useful for those who learn better by seeing others do it, and lack the cash for video instruction!).
I found it satisfying to explore a new skill, and it helped the ol' neurons fire differently than they do when I write. It was also rather cathartic to refocus my creative energy for a day. So, while this is only the quilt's top, and I have some work to do yet (as well as some fine-tuning of my new skill, as I ran into a few errors), I am pleased with the result: a nice new quilt for my son's bed: