Navigation Bar

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Stopping Junk Mail and Unwanted Telemarketer Calls

I got no less than three pieces of junk mail yesterday from credit card companies I will never patronize. I had been on the opt-out for both junk mail and telemarketing phone calls. Looks like my opt-out for the junk mail finally wore off. I have subsequently found a way to stop that junk mail for good, by opting out permanently. (You have to do it by mail, ironically enough, but it's a one-time thing and you'll - hopefully - never see those stupid credit card offers again.)

Are you, like me, sick of credit card offers that uselessly waste trees and ink and a million other things that could be put to better use? In the U.S., visit the Federal Trade Commission's website on just this topic. From there, you have the option to get rid of junk mail, junk E-mail, and unwanted telemarketer calls. Try it out. Let me know if your efforts result in a blissfully junk-free mailbox (and fewer calls just as you're about to sit down to dinner). Go green!

No comments:

Post a Comment