Navigation Bar

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bruce Coville

Over the weekend, at my monthly chapter meeting for RWA, I had the pleasure of meeting Bruce Coville, author of numerous children's books, including The Unicorn Chronicles. Bruce generously agreed to give a talk on writing, specifically children's and young adult books. He was possibly the best speaker I've ever heard! I found him funny, articulate, well-versed, and very high energy. I learned so much in that workshop that could be applied not only to children's fiction, but writing in general. What a great workshop! And if you have never read his work, and have any interest in children's fiction, you should go to his website right now and check out all the cool stuff! I have been toying with a YA idea, so this may be the kick I needed to get it done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment